Security Guidelines for your electronic transactions
Before logging in
1. Connect to the Internet Banking Service directly via the Bank of Cyprus website (http://www.bankofcyprus.gr) and not via links which are included in e-mails or other webpages.
2. Before entering your security codes, make sure that you are in the address https://ebanking.bankofcyprus.gr/psp/ps/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG. The letter «s» should be displayed after «http» throughout the use of the Internet Banking Service.
3. Add to «Favorites» of the Internet Explorer the above webpage for easy access, along with the address of the Bank of Cyprus website http://www.bankofcyprus.gr.
4. Make sure that VeriSign´s authenticity certificate is displayed at the bottom right of the Internet Banking login screen. Click on the icon and you will be able to see the authentication of the Service, where the following data should appear:
a. Site: EBANKING.BANKOFCYPRUS.GR
b. SSL CERTIFICATE STATUS: Valid (referring to a time period, which should include the current date).
c. Company/Organization: BANK OF CYPRUS PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED, Athens, Athens GR.
Also, a yellow «padlock» icon, which ensures that you are in a secure environment, should be visible throughout the session at the right bottom of your browser window.
5. Set a limit for performing transactions using an additional security code (transaction security code) and apply for a S.T.I.C.K. device, which produces one-time codes. Alternatively, you can also issue a transaction security code in any Bank of Cyprus branches. Also, you can apply for a S.T.I.C.K. device or for a transaction security code through the Internet Banking Service (from the menu, select «Contact Bank of Cyprus / Outgoing Messages») or by calling the Phone Banking Service (on 801.11.802.803, 210 6477577 and 210 6418888).
6. Specify a user΄s amount limit for every transaction category (transfers, payments, funds transfers to another bank).
7. Avoid using public-access PCs (in libraries, Internet Cafés etc.) or third party PCs.
After logging in
1. Do not leave your PC unattended, while you are logged on the Internet Banking Service. If there is no activity for more than 10 minutes, there is an automatic log-out from the Service.
2. After using the Internet Banking Service, log out by clicking on Sign Out.
3. If you have used a public PC or a third party PC, clear history and delete temporary internet files and cookies from your browser with the following procedure:
On the Internet Explorer Tool menu click on Internet Options and on the General tab click on Temporary Internet files, Delete Files and Delete cookies. Then, click on History and Clear History